Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Journey to BITS

Last week, I had gone for my MS project submission at BITS, Pilani. After the project submission, I took a tour to see a few places around.
In short this is how the tour happened:
I started of to Delhi on Tuesday. From there, I took a bus and reached Pilani at night. Had my viva on Wednesday afternoon and after that I roamed around BITS. Thursday, I started back to Delhi and reached ther in the evening. Friday, Saturday I took a tour to Jaipur, Agra, Fatehpur Sikri, Mathura(called as the Golden Triangle). Did some shopping at Delhi on Sunday and reached Hyd. Sunday night. And now I am in office :-)

This time for a change, I am just writing down only the best moments @ BITS. And here they are:
A wowwww feeling when Mr. Yashwardhan Sharma, the person who took my viva said "Good work. Thanks for the presentation" indicating that my viva is done and I can get out now :-)) No more examinations noww...(with a hope that I will pass in the project).
Dean Natarajan Sir and Director Raman Sir said in the orientation session "all we need from you is not donation, we just need you to inform your companies what a BITS student is and what he can achieve. Ask them to recruit our students" wahh... kyaa baat hai. This shows how dedicated they are in their professions. They dont need any money... all they need is a bright life for their students... what an unselfish desire. I regret for not doing my bachelors from a premium institute like BITS.
"Is there any discrimination b/w an on campus and a distance learning programme in BITS?", a student asked. Prof. Natarajan said "there are students on campus who sleep even now(the time was around 11AM) iun their hostel rooms. They hardly attend the classes and exams. Are they not distance learners??" The hall burst into laughter. The Prof. continued .. "It is not the location which matters to BITS, it is the amount of study mnade and fyi the syllabus for on campus and off campus is one and the same."
Had a wonderful cup of coffeee at the BITS hostel after my viva is complete and then started roaming around BITS in the evening with K.Shekhar's songs turned on in my iPod. Will upload the photos soon. Wondering who this Shekhar iss??? ade .. mana Shekhar Kammula... loaded Anand, Godavari and Happy Days songs before leaving. :-DD
Thats all for now. Will be back with the photos.

No comments :