Tuesday, October 9, 2007

@ Devon Street

Today something happened unexpectedly. Adi emitante ... I went to Devon street with one of my friend over here.
So, what's this Devon street??? This is a place where v get "all" Indian food... everything over there is Indian. It's a true India in US. Every Indian would definitely like spending time over here.
We reached there at around 8pm. We stopped the cab at the beginning of the street itself and started walking.
Right from the beginning, I could smell the masala flavor along the street. It was reallyy nice.
After walking for a few min., I saw a store ... couldnt remember the name though .. I've seen something very unusual in it ... the Pakistani and Indian flag put together ... it was nice looking at it ... then i thought that something like this can be done only here.
Then we jumped into Udupi hotel ... :-DD couldnt believe for a while after seeing it.
My mouth started watering with the initial glimpse of someone eating an utappam with sambarr at the entrance.
Couldn't stop waiting for someone to place us somewhere. We quickly sat in an empty table, called the waiter and gave the order ... couldn't wait soo long to have the tastiest Indian food after soooo longgg.
I started with Vada sambar ... i really enjoyed every bite of it. Deliciousss...
Then continued with a Special Rava Masala Dosa. My friend was saying I need a straw for the sambar instead of a spoon ... :-DDD
I ate the complete dosa without even leaving a single piece of it ... gr8 naa ... a masala dosa after vada .. hehhehhee
Finally, we ended with a tasty cup of tea.
This is the first day after coming to US that I had suchh a wonderful dinner.
Then, we went into a store(Indian again...) and purchased all varieties of junk food ... chakkis, murukulu etc. etc.
On the way back, we had a nice discussion abt the pros and cons of Indian and US life. That was an interesting one. Dont worry ... will not write abt it ... :-D
And at the end, my friend dropped me in the hotel and went back home.
This is how I spent the evening. Nice kadaa ...

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.